Following on from the launch of the low-cost analogue synthesiser created by Arturia in the form of the MicroBrute and drum machine the DrumBrute Impact. The company has this week unveiled its new affordable synthesiser in the form of the MicroFreak which is capable of recording up to four automations, edit notes per step or use the innovative Spice and Dice sequencer functions to find “happy accidents”. Watch the demonstration video bedded below to learn more.
Add randomisation to create evolving, original patterns, and virtually rewire and reconfigure its signal chain and controls with the 5×7 modulation matrix and the affordable synthesiser offers a wealth of functionality for its $349 price tag. Specifications include :
– Synthesizer with 192 preset slots and 128 factory presets
– 11 Digital oscillator with variable mode, including collaborations with Mutable Instruments
– Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
– ADSR envelope
– Cycling Envelope offering two modes
– LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
– Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
– Monophonic or Paraphonic modes – Up to 4 voices
– 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
– Capacitive touch strip
– Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
“A synthesizer like no other, MicroFreak is a peculiar, exceptional instrument that rewards the curious musician. It blends wavetable and digital oscillators with analog filters. It features a unique poly-aftertouch flat keyboard. It adds controlled randomness to sequences. This isn’t a revolution, it’s a mutiny.”
For more details and full specifications jump over to the official MicroFreak website by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.