Bivy App have created a new affordable satellite communication system aptly named the Bivystick, designed to be easy-to-use and transform yourself own into a satellite communication device. The system requires no contracts no activation fee and is available to back by a Kickstarter with early bird pledges available from $259 or roughly £195.
If all goes well shipping throughout the United States is expected to take place during September 2018. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the Bivystick and its communication features. “Bivystick allows you to send and receive text messages, share your location, track your path, send an SOS message in case of emergency, and access detailed weather forecasts when you are out of phone service. All of this seamlessly integrated with Bivy app and it’s database of more than 45,000 trails, climbing routes and waterways. Plus, recharge your phone 2- 3 times with the 6000 mAh backup battery so you can get that message out when needed. “
Features of the affordable satellite communication system include :
– No contract or commitment. Activate it only when you need it.
– Send and receive text messages from anywhere in the world.
– Share your location anytime.
– Track your path and share it with anyone you choose. Keep yourself and your loved ones aware of where you’ve been.
– Share your updates ad location to Facebook and Twitter.
– Offline maps eliminate the need to carry a separate GPS unit.
– SOS in case of emergency. Communicate with EMS to ensure proper and efficient rescue.
– Accurate point weather forecast at any time.
– 6,000 mAh battery to operate the Bivystick, plus charge your phone 2-3 times.
Full specifications and all available pledges can be viewed on the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Technology News, Top News