Adafruit has launched their new FONA 808 mini cellular GSM and GPS breakout board which is now available to purchase priced at $49.95.
The tony module measures just 1.75 x 1.6 inches in size and is equipped with the latest SIM808 GSM cellular module with integrated GPS.
The FONA 808 is fitted with 22 tracking / 66 acquisition channels, GPS L1 C/A code, Sensitivity: Tracking: -165 dBm, Cold starts : -147 dBm and features include support for :
– Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz – connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM (in the USA, T-Mobile is suggested)
– Fully-integrated GPS (MT3336 chipset) that can be controlled and query over the same serial port
– Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external 32Ω speaker + electret microphone
– Send and receive SMS messages
– Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
– PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor control
– AT command interface with “auto baud” detection
Affront writes : “Cellular + GPS tracking, all in one? Oh yes! Introducing Adafruit FONA 808 MiniGSM + GPS, an all-in-one cellular phone module with that lets you add location-tracking, voice, text, SMS and data to your project in an adorable little package.“
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Hardware