At IFA 2018 this year in Berlin, hardware manufacturer Acer has unveiled a wide variety of new hardware including a newly designed Acer OJO 500 Windows Mixed Reality headset which now includes a detachable design. Together with patented built-in sound pipe technology, and software-assisted interpupillary distance (IPD) adjustment technology.
The new headset was unveiled during Acer’s Global Press Conference at IFA and features a “one-of-a-kind detachable design that offers superior flexibility, comfort, and hygiene”. The mixed reality headset is also fitted with an integrated audio system eliminating the need for headphones or earphones to be used while engaging in virtual reality games or experiences.
The mixed reality headset is also equipped with inside-out tracking and other features of the new Acer OJO 500 Windows Mixed Reality headset include :
– The Acer OJO 500 is the first Windows Mixed Reality headset and first Virtual Reality headset to feature a detachable design, patented built-in sound pipe technology, and software-assisted interpupillary distance (IPD) adjustment technology
– The headset’s unique detachable design makes it easy to clean and share among multiple users (family and friends, or in a business environment)
– Available with either a hard head strap or soft washable head strap; each provides a snug yet comfortable fit to keep the headset firmly in place
– An integrated audio system focuses sound on the ears, eliminating the need for headphones
– The patented IPD technology ensures the display is set at the optimal distance from the wearer’s eyes
– Easy to set up with inside-out tracking and 6 degrees of freedom positional tracking
– Commercial customers1 can personalize the headset with a logo or company colors on the front cover