If you are in the market for a mini PC or development board you might be interested in a new system which has been launched this week in the form of the new Hardkernel ODROID-XU.
The Hardkernel ODROID-XU is equipped with a Samsung Exynos 5410 octa-core 8-core processor with 4 ARM Cortex-A15 cores paired with 4 ARM Cortex-A7 cores and PowerVR SGX544MP3 graphics.
Other features of the new Hardkernel ODROID-XU mini PC include 2GB of RAM, 1 x microHDMI port, 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 4 x USB 2.0 ports and 1 x Ethernet support.
As well as a microSD card slot and eMMC connector for expanding your internet storage when required. The new Hardkernel ODROID-XU is now avaialbe to purchase for $149.
- SoC – Samsung Exynos5 Octa Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A7 big.LITTLE processor with PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage – micro SD slot, eMMC 4.5 connector
- Video Output – micro HDMI + MPI LCD interface and Touch screen I2C ports (IPEX-40PIN)
- Audio – micro HDMI, headphone jack, MAX98090 Audio Codec
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet via USB 2.0 (LAN9730)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Host, 1x USB 3.0 OTG, and 4x USB 2.0 Host
- Expansion Header – 30 pins (GPIO/IRQ/SPI/ADC)
- Misc – PWM connector for Cooler,
- Power Supply – 5V/4A (Plug specification is inner diameter 2.1mm and outer diameter 5.5mm)
- PMIC – MAX77802 10 high-efficiency Buck regulators and 32 LDOs.