Today the third annual Google Science Fair has launched and opened its doors, in partnership with CERN, the LEGO Group, National Geographic and Scientific American.
The Google Science Fair has been created to help find the next generation of scientists and engineers, and Google is inviting students ages 13-18 to participate in the largest online science competition.
Students are able to submit their ideas, and hopefully change the world in the process, watch the video after the jump to learn more about the Google Science Fair project. Google explains a little more:
“For the past two years, thousands of students from more than 90 countries have submitted research projects that address some of the most challenging problems we face today. Previous winners tackled issues such as the early diagnosis of breast cancer, improving the experience of listening to music for people with hearing loss and cataloguing the ecosystem found in water. This year we hope to once again inspire scientific exploration among young people and receive even more entries for our third competition.”
Key information for this year’s Google Science Fair includes:
- Students can enter the Science Fair in 13 languages.
- The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2013 at 11:59 pm PDT.
- In June, we’ll recognize 90 regional finalists (30 from the Americas, 30 from Asia Pacific and 30 from Europe/Middle East/Africa).
- Judges will then select the top 15 finalists, who will be flown to Google headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. for our live, final event on September 23, 2013.
- At the finals, a panel of distinguished international judges consisting of renowned scientists and tech innovators will select top winners in each age category (13-14, 15-16, 17-18). One will be selected as the Grand Prize winner.
For more information on the new Google Science Fair jump over to the Google website for details.
Source: GoogleFiled Under: Technology News
Popular Geeky Gadgets Deals
|PureVPN Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||SNES30 Bluetooth Game Controller Save 14%||Jamstik Wireless Smart Guitar Save 40%||Getflix Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||Monster Digital 128GB Portable SSD Save 56%||Python Programming Pro Bundle Save 84%|