Blackberry has released several updates for BBM for Android and iOS since its inception, adding new features and kicking out bugs from the app.
Recently, BBM for Android was bumped to version 2.2, which brings several new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the app, such as new emoticons, easier way to add people to BBM and much more.
The company has simplified the registration process in the latest update. Now, you only have to enter your name, email address and password to get started. It’s not just the registration process, adding friends is now easier as well. You get an invite email, and all you have to do is click on the link in the email, and you’re done. BBM for Android v2.2 also brings 16 new emoticons to play with. Here’s the complete change log for the update:
- Fix to prevent some users from receiving delayed messages after closing BBM
- Simple sign up for new BBM users
- New sign in screen for existing BBM users
- Improved experience for adding new BBM contacts by email
- Updates tab has been re-named ‘Feeds’
- 16 new emoticons
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Head over to the Google Play Store to download the updated BBM for Android. The update is also expected to reach the iOS App store in the coming weeks. We’ll update you as soon as it’s live for iPhone.
Source: BlackberryFiled Under: Android News, Top News