Microsoft’s Major Nelson has revealed a short list of features which will make their way to the Xbox One as a part of the July Xbox One update, which will roll out in the coming days.
The update will roll out for testers in the next few days, before it makes an official appearance for all Xbox One owners.
The July update for Xbox One will come with Snap Mode for Achievements, which offers users a simple way to track and view their achievements in real-time, without leaving the game. There’s also Double-tap to snap in the upcoming update. With this feature, it will bring up the Snap Center when you will double tap on any button on your controller, where you can launch achievements or other snap-able app without exiting the game you’re playing.
Here’s a complete list of features which will make their way with the Xbox One July update:
- Snap Mode for Achievements: As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
- Double-tap to Snap: Double-tap the button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language: Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you’re an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs: We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips: We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.
The preview will roll out for early testers soon. We’ll update you as soon as the update is released.
Source: Major Nelson