Microsoft released the latest Windows Phone 8 Update 3 last month that brings many some much awaited features to Windows Phone 8. If you’re a Verizon customer with Windows Phone 8 powered HTC 8X, there’s a piece of good news for you. Verizon Wireless is rolling out the latest Windows Phone 8 Update 3 aka GDR3 for its variant of HTC 8X. To install the update, make sure you have at least 1GB of free storage space and should be downloaded over WiFi only.
The latest Windows Phone 8 Update 3 brings many useful features such as support for high-end hardware including quad-core processors and 1080p displays. The update brings several important feature such as Driving Mode that limits the number of notifications while driving, improved internet sharing, custom ringtones, screen orientation lock, and much more.
Key Device Enhancements
- Choose whether or not to receive call and text notifications while in Driving Mode
- Added ability to read aloud information on your phone calls, send text messages, and more with enhanced support for Mobile Accessibility*
- BING applications are now supported (includes BING Finance, News, Sports and Weather)
-App comes preloaded for new users
-App is accessible for download via Windows Phone Store for existing users
- Multitasking capabilities have been enhanced
-Press and hold the back key to open a list of recently accessed apps
-Select an app to reopen it, and tap the X to close it
- Lock screen to portrait or landscape layout with Screen Orientation Lock
If you’re rocking a Verizon HTC 8X and still don’t see any sign of the update notification on your handset, you can manually check for the update by navigating to Settings > Phone Update > Check for Update.Filed Under: Mobile Phone News, Top News