Time Warner Cable TV has launched a new version of their TWC TV app for iPad providing streaming video on demand to users and allowing access to watch over 4,000 TV and movie titles from 91 different providers.
Th service is now available to Time Warner subscribers who can now download the TWC TV iPad app update and watch video on demand throughout their houses as long as they have Time Warner Cable television and internet service connections.
Time Warner explains: “The initial catalog is a mix of HD and standard-def content. We will be adding more stuff on a regular basis, and adding more HD as we are able.Some networks don’t offer their on demand product in HD, while some offer a mix of SD and HD. We don’t get absolutely everything in HD today, but we will continue to add to the catalog on an ongoing basis.”
Here’s a list of all the major upgrades in this release, for more information jump over to the jump over to the TWC Cable website.
1. On demand – Over 4,000 TV shows and movies from 94 providers
– FF / REW / Pause using standard iOS player controls (FF disabled where required).
– Browse by TV Shows, Movies, Kids or network.
– Search – search the On Demand catalog by title.
– Parental control – Channel blocking (network based parental control) is enforced for both TWC TV live and on demand -content. To block channels, visit myservices.timewarnercable.com.
2. Live TV guide – now features “recently viewed channels” button to quickly recall previously viewed live TV channels.
3. Numerous performance enhancements and bug fixes have been implemented to improve the overall user experience.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.