As already announced games developer Stoic is preparing to launch their new Banner Saga 2 game later this month making it available on April 19th, 2016 by the Steam games network.
The Banner Saga 2 follows on from the award winning and BAFTA nominated original game in the saga allows you to continue your journey after the climactic events of The Banner Saga.
The team over at Eurogamer have been able to catch up with the development team and get their hands on a little gameplay footage which allows you to see more of what you can expect from the second game in the series.
Key features of The Banner Saga 2 include :
• The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
• Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
• New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
• Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
• The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
As with the original game The Banner Saga 2 is expected to launch on other platforms including iOS and Android in the near future. As more information is announced we will keep you updated ahead of the game’s launch later this month.
Source: EurogamerFiled Under: Gaming News, Top News