A pair of new powerful micro controllers has launched Kickstarter this month and have nearly raised $100,000 thanks to over 1500 backers with still 17 days remaining on their campaign.
Watch the video below to learn more about the new Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 microcontrollers that have been designed and created by Paul Stoffregen.
Teensy is a microcontroller development board used for building all sorts of awesome DIY electronic projects. Over the last year I’ve been designing 2 new Teensy models using far more powerful microcontroller chips; a huge step up in capability from prior Teensy and other Arduino compatible boards. Now, hopefully with your backing, it’s time to move from development & prototype phase to the first production run of these new, much more powerful products.
The scope of this Kickstarter project involves completing a first production run and publishing good Arduino-compatible support software, with these 2 new Teensy boards as the physical rewards shipped to backers. However, this new hardware is meant to be a stepping stone to open an ambitious new chapter of software design & platform enhancements. As I’ve done with Teensy for many years, I intend to develop increasingly powerful but easy-to-use software libraries and even improvements to the Arduino platform to enable everyone to more easily create awesome, incredible DIY projects.
Features specific to Teensy 3.6:
– 180 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit
– 1M Flash, 256K RAM, 4K EEPROM
– Microcontroller Chip MK66FX1M0VMD18 (PDF link)
– USB High Speed (480 Mbit/sec) Port
– 2 CAN Bus Ports
– 32 General Purpose DMA Channels
– 11 Touch Sensing Inputs
Features specific to Teensy 3.5:
– 120 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit
– 512K Flash, 192K RAM, 4K EEPROM
– Microcontroller Chip MK64FX512VMD12 (PDF link)
– 1 CAN Bus Port
– 16 General Purpose DMA Channels
– 5 Volt Tolerance On All Digital I/O Pins
Features common to both:
– 62 I/O Pins (42 breadboard friendly)
– 25 Analog Inputs to 2 ADCs with 13 bits resolution
– 2 Analog Outputs (DACs) with 12 bit resolution
– 20 PWM Outputs
– USB Full Speed (12 Mbit/sec) Port
– Ethernet mac, capable of full 100 Mbit/sec speed
– Native (4 bit SDIO) micro SD card port
– I2S Audio Port, 4 Channel Digital Audio Input & Output
– 14 Hardware Timers
– Cryptographic Acceleration Unit
– Random Number Generator
– CRC Computation Unit
– 6 Serial Ports (2 with FIFO & Fast Baud Rates)
– 3 SPI Ports (1 with FIFO)
– 4 I2C Ports
– Real Time Clock
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.