Talon for Twitter is one of the best Twitter clients available in the Google Play Store, especially if you find the official app to be insufficient for you.
Recently, the application received a major update that brings tons of new features and improvements to the app, thus improving its overall experience for users.
Among the few new features is a floating compose button, which used to reside in the action bar, and now floats on the lower side of the screen. Additionally, it comes with battery saving measures as well, which automatically shuts down the app to preserve battery when there’s no data connection. It restarts again when the connection is available and shows you all the latest tweets. The update adds dozens of more new features which you can check out below.
Additionally, it also comes with a whole loads of improvements to improve the user experience of the app, including some layout optimizations, improved image sizing, photo viewer tweaks and more. Here’s a list of some of the new features and improvements introduced in the Talon for Twitter 2.0. To view the complete change log, visit the source link below.
- Talon Pull will automatically shut down to preserve battery when no data connection is active, then restart and check your timeline for missed tweets when data becomes available again.
- Compose button can now float over the main timelines instead of being in the action bar
- New Discover tab in the drawer for trends, suggested users, and nearby tweets
- Pictures page on a users profile
- Custom Light Flow support (In future Light Flow update)
- Favorite users timeline is now an option for the extra pages
- Animations for opening new pages and windows
- Post tweets from different accounts in the compose window
- Notifications button in the action bar for Talon Pull iteractions
- And much more.
- Layout and sizing optimizations for Talon layout
- Super smooth scrolling optimizations
- Higher quality profile pictures
- Management of Talon Pull and keeping it active
- Remade the tweet viewer layout
- Much better image sizing on tweet viewer
- Faster and more efficient loading of data on the timelines
- Photo viewer tweeks
- And much more
If you’re Talon for Twitter user, now might be a good time to check for the update that’s waiting for you in the Google Play Store. For starters, it’s one of the best Twitter clients available for Android and costs $1.99.
Source: Klinker Apps
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.