Swiftkey is a very popular keyboard application for Android devices. The folks at Swiftkey also manages a beta application, which was recently updated with several under-the-hood improvements.
The latest updated for SwiftKey Beta also brings a redesigned emoji UI, including new space and backspace bar, gestures support and how the layout works in general. Other than that, the latest SwiftKey Beta comes with several performance and memory improvements to improve the overall experience of the keyboard.
Here’s a complete list of improvements introduced in the latest SwiftKey Beta:
- Secondary characters on the top letter row modified when number row is enabled
- Redesigned emoji UI including new space and backspace bar, swipe gestures to switch emoji tab and changes to how the layout works under the hood
- Fixed performance issues when switching between tabs
- Emoji now appear larger
- Fixed issue where emoji still predicted even when disabled
- General memory problems fixed
- Fixed issue where Ice theme used extra RAM
- Fixed keyboard freezes
- Fixed issues when syncing
- Fixed problem with Trending Phrases not updating
- Fixed incorrect vibration feedback when scrolling
Head over to the SwiftKey blog post below to know more about the update, and download the apk file.