After being officially launched 12 months ago and offered as a preorder special for $749 the Segway One S1 is now available to purchase from the likes of Amazon priced at $599 offering a considerable saving off the launch price. To recap the Segway One S1 is a single wheel electric self balancing vehicle which is capable of transporting its rider 15 miles on a single charge with a top speed of up to 12.5 mph. During the electric vehicles launched last year Brian Buccella, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Segway explained more about the riding experience in the learning curve needed to master the unique electric transportation.
The One S1 is not for everyone, riding takes skill. We’ve found that riders with a certain skill set, combined with a fearless mindset, can learn to ride in about an hour. It may take other riders longer to become proficient
Features of the Segway One S1 electric vehicle include :
• Certified to UL 2272 standards, which reinforces the product’s quality and safety
• Connect to the app to access a New Rider Tutorial and firmware updates, as well as the ability to monitor speed, enable carry/lock mode and customize lighting patterns
• Features a lithium-ion battery that delivers sustainable power and allows riders to travel up to 15 miles on a single charge with a top-speed of up to 12.5 mph
• Appeals to riders that are 16 – 50 year olds and weigh up to 220 pounds
• Compact, weighing just 25 pounds
The Segway One S1 was officially made available during the first quarter of 2017 and is now available to purchase worldwide priced at $599.