Raspberry Pi enthusiasts that are looking for a way to easily use the official Raspberry Pi display and enclose the new Raspberry Pi 3 mini PC in one unit, may be interested in the PiCaseReOpened which has been designed by a small team in Malmo Sweden.
The PiCaseReOpened has taken to the Kickstarter crowdfunding website to raise the funds it requires to make the jump into production. Watch the video below to learn more about this flexible screen and mini PC case.
PiCaseReOpened is a flexible, stylish and neat case for the Raspberry Pi and its official 7-inch display (or other computer board/display combinations.) We created the case with one goal in mind: to marry good design and DIY technology together for ALL imaginable use cases and different lifestyles.
Designed in Scandinavia, the case has a retro look that blends in with other interior items and is made to satisfy both makers and aesthetes. Initially (and covered by the funding goal) there will be two colors available. The front panel and the foot will be available in black. Additional colors will be added as stretch goals. The aim is to have a wide selection of colors, and involve our community for seasonal color selections.
Features of the PiCaseReOpened include :
– Flexible. Main target is the official 7 inch RaspberryPi display, but other displays as well as computer boards can also be mounted.
– Extra space. There is extra space for accessories inside the box, such as USB dongles or IO boards.
– Easy opening and closing. We still have real makers in mind, therefore the back cover is held by magnets instead of screws.
– Cables are hidden. Connection cables are kept inside the box and are nicely routed together through the bottom or optionally all the way into the foot.
– Different color options. Colors of front, back cover and foot can be varied.
For more information on the new PiCaseReOpened jump over to the Kickstarter website for details via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.