Anyone in the market for an affordable Linux laptop may be worth checking out the new Pinebook Linox laptop which will soon be available in two versions, with either a 11.6 inch IPS display for $89 or a larger 14 inch IPS display price that just $99, both offering users a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
As the name suggests the Pinebook had been created by the same manufacturers that created the Pine A64 single board computer last year which is available to purchase priced at just $15 and is equipped with an Allwinner A64 ARM Cortex-A53 processor.
The new additions to the range which will soon be available are equipped with Allwinner’s quad-core, 64-bit processor supported by 2GB of RAM together with 16GB of eMMC 5.0 storage. Connectivity is provided by both 802.11b/g/n WiFi, and Bluetooth support and the systems include 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x microSD card slot, 1 x mini HDMI port.
Specifications include :
• SoC – Allwinner A64 quad core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU
• System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3
• Storage – 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash and micro SD slot up to 256 GB
• Display – 11.6″ or 14″ IPS LCD display with 1280 x 720 resolution (no touchscreen)
• Video Output – mini HDMI port for external display
• Audio – HDMI, 3.5 mm headphone jack, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
• Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
• USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
• Camera – 1.2 MP camera
• User Input Devices – Full size QWERTY keyboard, 5″ touchpad
• Power Supply – 5V/3A
• Battery – 10,000 mAh LiPo battery
• Dimensions – 352 x 233 x 18 mm
• Weight – 1.2 kg
Unfortunately no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet, but as soon as information comes to light we will keep you updated as always. If you are interested in learning more jump over to the official Pinebook website via the link below, where you can register to receive more details as and when they are released.
Source: CNX Software : Liliputing : PineBook
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.