For those in the UK, this story doesn’t mean much. Pepper has been available on Windows Phone for a while, but only for those in Europe. However it’s finally made it across the pond and is even receiving a substantial update to boot.
Pepper is a music discovery app available on Windows Phone and Windows 8 that helps you check out your local live musical outlets and do everything from check-in to share your experiences from your select venues. You can find out who’s playing where and keep track of your favorite artists no matter how big or small they are.
The major update to Pepper includes the following:
- Artist & venues profiles download more events (if any exist) once at the bottom of the list (previously only showed first 20 events)
- Search results and Favourites now show the venue images correctly
- Venue images weren’t being shown in lists (such as search results)
- Better testing for valid URLs in profile pages – used for artist/venue Facebook links etc.
- Favourites – Venues & Promoters now have scroll bars when the list is long enough
- Activity (both panorama & full page) – downloading items now shows the ‘strapline’ once downloaded.
- Removed the text trimming from the query title of a search result – allows a few extra characters instead of cutting off a whole word
- Bugs fixed when storing friend’s photo albums, and some synchronisation issues with the database
- Improved memory management with the communications to Pepper servers
- Adding an event to the phone’s calendar works again.
- Viewing a photo also works again
- More efficient search system, enhanced SoundCloud connectivity and integration with TicketLine (another UK ticket provider)
Whether you’re in the US or the UK, if you’re a music lover I suggest downloading Pepper today.
Source – Windows Phone Central
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.