Those of you that are interested in everything Raspberry Pi and mini PC, may be interested in a new piece of hardware which follows on from the recent launch of the Orange Pi Zero and takes the form of a $20 single board PC aptly named the Orange Pi PC 2.
The Orange Pi PC 2 is equipped with a quad core 64-bit processor and as the name suggests builds on the previous Orange Pi PC and sport similar functionality to the Raspberry Pi 3.
The Orange Pi PC 2 measures 85mm x 55mm weighs 70 grams and comes fitted with an Allwinner H5 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor with Mali-450 graphics, 1GB Of RAM, and a microSD card slot that allows you to use cards with up to 64GB of storage.
Connectivity on the single board computer includes a 40-pin, Raspberry Pi-compatible header, HDMI 1.4, A/V, Gigabit Ethernet, three USB 2.0 ports, and a micro USB port and an IR receiver that can be used with a remote control.
Android, Ubuntu, Debian, and Raspbian software images are currently under development for the single board mini PC and as soon as more information comes available we will keep you up-to-date as always.
Orange Pi PC 2 specifications include:
• SoC – Allwinner H5 quad core Cortex A53 processor with an ARM Mali-450MP4 GPU
• System Memory – 1GB DDR3
• Storage – micro SD card slot up to 64GB, 8Mbit SPI NOR flash
• Video Output – HDMI 1.4 with CEC support, AV port
• Audio I/O – HDMI, AV port, on-board microphone
• Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
• USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
• Camera – MIPI CSI Interface
• Expansions – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header
• Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
• Misc – IR receiver; Power button; Power and status LEDs
• Power Supply – 5V/2A via barrel jack. N.B.: the micro USB OTG port cannot be used.
• Dimensions – 85 x 55 mm
• Weight – 38 grams
If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.