Developer Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (LKCL) has been busy creating an upgradable laptop called the Libre Laptop is based on an Allwinner A20 EOMA68 CPU module.
The modular laptop gets its name from its ability to run using a variety of different open source software, and the prototype has already been demonstrated booting from Linux.
Key hardware specifications for the Libre Laptop include:
– User-upgradeable EOMA68 CPU Card (currently based on Allwinner A20)
– Storage : microSD card slot
– Display :15.6″ 1366 × 768 LCD
– 4.3″ capacitive touch panel with backlit LCD used as a trackpad
– Keyboard : Full-sized Chicony OEM keyboard with number pad
– USB : 1x external full-sized USB Port, 2x internal full-sized USB Ports (for WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, Storage…)
– Battery : 10000mAh battery providing 6 to 8 hours of battery power (For some reasons, that’s an e-Bike battery)
If you are interested LKCL will be showcasing the prototype of the Libre Laptop during the FOSDEM 2016 event being held in Brussels this coming weekend. For more information jump over to the websites below for more specifications and photographs.