Oloid takes the form of a unique “mathematically perfect” desktop object, with an intriguing form that provides a tactile sculpture that merges both science and art into one solid piece of molten metal.
Watch the video below to learn more about the inspiration behind the unique Oloid sculpture which is taken to Kickstarter this week to help raise the funds to go into production.
Features of the Oloid
• Although its shape is curved, it moves in a perfect straight line.
• Although its shape is not round, it rolls.
• It has sharp edges, but its motion is gentle and smooth.
• While it rolls, every single point of its surface touches the ground.
• Its surface area is identical to a sphere of the same radius.
• It’s surface is developable, meaning it can constructed from a flat sheet.
• It has incredible functional properties; the oloid shape can be used for water treatment, as a propeller in navigation, or as stirrer in biotechnology.
Oloid is now available to backfire Kickstarter and is available in a variety of different materials including stainless steel, brass andcopper with shipping expected to take place during December 2017.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.