A new development board has been created by RHS Research and launched by the Crowd Supply website this week taking the form of NiteFury an Artix-7 FPGA development board in the M.2 form-factor equipped with DDR3 RAM. Watch the promotional video below to learn more about the new NiteFury development board which is now available to preorder priced at $329 and will commence shipping during August 2019.
This development team explain a little more about the inspiration behind the development board and its unique design. “This combination lets you work with PCI Express at incredible rates from inside your laptop or desktop. You can also use NiteFury as an FPGA co-processor. Let Xilinx’s largest Artix-7 handle your encryption or act as a hardware-level encoder/decoder for speedy workflows. It’s your FPGA, design what you like.”
Features fo the NiteFury include :
– Giant FPGA: NiteFury features the largest Artix-series part that Xilinx makes. It has six times the processing power of PicoEVB. It uses the Xilinx A200T FPGA at just under 1000 GMAC/s.
– On-board RAM: The faster you process with an Artix-7, the more you may need to store. The on-board DDR3, 4 Gb (512 MB x 16) RAM keeps data within arms reach and takes the burden off your computer.
– Popular Form Factor: NiteFury fits in the M.2 M key slot, which is popular in laptops today. This slot features 4x PCIe for high bandwidth (2 GB/s). Why keep your FPGA on your desk when you can take it with you?
– Affordable: Buying the Xilinx Artix-7 XC7A200T FPGA alone would generally cost around $250. By teaming up with another company, NiteFury gives you all that power with little additional cost (especially during the campaign).
– Open Source: Because company is good to have, NiteFury is open source hardware. The board repository is at https://github.com/RHSResearchLLC/NiteFury.
– Expandable: With twelve external I/O in total, four of which are selectable as either analog or digital, you aren’t just confined to interfacing via computer. The connectors used in the design are easy to find Pico-EZmates and a DF52.
For more details and a full list of all available prices, specifications and delivery options jump over to the official Crowd Supply product page by following the link below.
Source: CSFiled Under: Hardware, Top News