3D Systems has today launched a new Nylon 3D printing filament expanding its range of PlasticJet Printing material, that have been designed to be used with the companies CubePro 3D printers.
The Nylon 3D printing filamentHas been designed to be combined with the companies new Infinity Rinse-Away water-soluble support filament that can be used to print more complicated pieces with ease.
Watch the video below to learn more about the new Nylon 3D printing filament, that sport the following features :
– Tensile Strength: 4,785 psi (pounds per square inch), with flexibility of a dog bone-like shape of 1/8th inch thick, ½ inch wide
– Elongation at break value: 22 %, meaning 1 inch can stretch to 1.22 inches
– Strength-to-weight ratio: 174 psi, for light and strong parts with honeycomb infill structure
– Tensile Modulus: 248,005 psi
– Flexural strength: 8,270 psi
– Hardness, Shore D: 75 via needle penetration, meaning Nylon is as hard as a hardhat
Peter Theran, Vice President, Global Consumer Products, 3DS explains :
We are thrilled to offer this long-awaited material to our core, desktop user base, empowering engineers, small businesses and start-ups alike with the most durable and high performing material for PlasticJet Printing. Nylon for CubePro takes desktop 3D printing where it’s never gone before: into direct-manufacturing and end-use part production.
Print stronger, flexible and long lasting prints with Nylon for CubePro. This is an engineering-grade performance material, designed for powerful printing in the lab and workshop. Strength, flexibility and durability enable unparalleled prints. Nylon material is a staple material for functional prototyping and testing for engineers, designers, small business and startups. CubePro Nylon has a Nylon 6 formulation, ideal for consumer product testing.
The new Nylon filament cartridges are priced at £97 follow the link below for more information.
Source: 3DSFiled Under: Top News