Developers at Nanomesher have created a new Raspberry Pi audio board called the NanoSound which is being created to provide users withan all-in-one hi-fi add-on which provides DAC, OLED Display, Power Switch, Control Buttons and Infrared Remote Control.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the Raspberry Pi NanoSound add-on board which has taken to Kickstarter this week to raise the required funds it needs to make the jump into production.
• Texas Instruments PCM5122 DAC (24bit Resolution & 384khz Sampling Rate)
• Power switch (using same design as our Pi Switch product)
• 6 GPIO buttons for Media Control
• Infrared receiver and remote control
• 1.3″ OLED display with multi-language support
NanoSound is fully customizable and programmable! we take full advantage of the Raspberry Pi’s open architecture.
• The 6 buttons are simple GPIO buttons. Python source code will be provided to read button events.
• The IR receiver and control is LIRC compatible. Lircd.conf will be provided to read button input.
• The 1.3″ OLED display is using i2c. The python display driver code is open sourced.
• The onboard on/off switch uses the same design and software as our first kickstarter project. It has an attiny85 onboard and is open sourced.
NanoSound is a Raspberry Pi audio add-on board for audiophiles. While it works out of the box running volumio & kodi, it is designed to be fully customizable and configurable by taking advantage of Raspberry Pi. Yes, it works out of the box with Volumio & Kodi. A pre-configured Volumio & Kodi image will be available for download. Just plug NanoSound onto the Raspberry Pi, assemble the included mounting screws, insert the SD card and it’s done!
For more information on the new Nanomesher NanoSound board jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below. If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.