MSI has this week made available their 9th X399 Threadripper motherboard in the form of the MSI X399 SLI Plus created for AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper processor. In comparison there are over 49 Intel X299 motherboards available from the MSI website.
Unfortunately, no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet by MSI, but as soon as information comes to light, we will keep you updated as always. Features and specifications:
• Supports AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER Series Processors
• Support 8 DIMMs, Quad Channel DDR4 3600+ (OC)
• DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology provided by MSI OC lab to ensure maximum compatibility for overclocking performance.
• AUDIO BOOST 4: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive audio experience
• Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colors / 17 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device.
• Professional IO cover & heatsink: Stunning looks, protecting the I/O ports
• EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
• Lightning Fast Game experience: 3 x Turbo M.2 , 1 x M.2 Shield, and Lightning USB 3.1 Gen2
• Lightning USB: Double bandwidth, supports USB 3.1 Gen2 Type A + Type C
• PCI-E Steel Armor: Protecting VGA cards against bending and EMI
• X-Boost: Great tool to boost your USB & Storage performance
• Double ESD Protection: Double layer grounding motherboard mounting holes
• Military Class 6, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution in high quality components for best protection and efficiency
• Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
• VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness
The VideoCardz website explains a little more about the new MSI AMD motherboard :
The SLI Plus is clearly aiming at budget builders. By comparing SLI Plus to Carbon Pro we noticed immediately that both motherboards share the same layout, in fact, I can’t see any difference. Although there are fewer reinforced PCIe slots, there are no reinforced memory slots, there is no cover on the audio chipset and there is only one ‘shield’ for the M.2 slot. Apart from that, it’s the same motherboard
MSI explains :
Perfect for content creators who are looking for a great performer with plenty of connectivity options, MSI’s new X399 SLI PLUS is an optimized workstation motherboard, built for designers. Featuring heavy plated heatsinks, Military Class V components and numerous unique and patented performance enhancing features, this motherboard is the best choice for professionals looking for speed and stability.