This week Microsoft has rebranded its game development division from Microsoft Studios to its new name Xbox Game Studios. The move has been made to combine 13 games studios and publishers acquired by Microsoft over the last few years including some of the most recent acquisitions for developers such as Obsidian Entertainment, 343 Industries and more.
“Our 13 game development studios focus on delivering great games for everyone, wherever they play—on console, PC, or mobile devices. We’re responsible for developing and publishing some of the biggest game franchises in history: Age of Empires, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Minecraft, Microsoft Solitaire, Microsoft Flight Simulator, State of Decay, and many more. We believe that play is the thing that unites everyone, because when everyone plays, we all win.”
Game developers and publishers now under the new Microsoft Xbox Game Studios name include :
– 343 Industries (Halo)
– The Coalition (Gears of War 5)
– Compulsion Games (We Happy Few)
– The Initiative (led by 2013 Tomb Raider boss David Gallagher)
– inXile Entertainment (Wasteland 2)
– Minecraft (Minecraft)
– Ninja Theory (DmC: Devil May Cry, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice)
– Obsidian Entertainment (Fallout: New Vegas)
– Playground Games (Forza Horizon)
– Rare (Sea of Thieves)
– Turn 10 Studios (Forza Motorsport)
– Undead Labs (State of Decay)
– Xbox Global Publishing Group
WOW! Until they are all listed in one place I couldn’t quite appreciate the talent that Microsoft has acquired and will hopefully put to good use to create some fantastic new games for the Xbox platform and Windows PC systems. Soon as more details are announced will keep you up-to-date as always.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.