A new limited edition watch has been created by Anicorn to celebrate the 60th anniversary of NASA and will be limited to 60 pieces worldwide. The wristwatch is water resistant to 50m, and features a 42mm stainless steel case finished in a white Cerakote Ceramic Coating and powered by a Miyota 9015 automatic movement.
The watch movement is visible through the transparent caseback and the dial uses a series of circular discs to tell the time, with a blue baseplate and red pusher. Anicorn X NASA 60th Anniversary Watch pecifications include :
– Unique number marked on the case back- edition of 60
– Movement: Miyota 9015 automatic movement
– Vibration frequency: 28800 per hour, 24 Jewels automatic movement
– Running Time: More than 42 hours (after fully wind)
– Housing: 316L Stainless steel, Ø 1.62 in (42mm), height 0.5in (12.5mm), back & screws, Cerakote Ceramic Coating, Transparent Caseback
– Glass: Convex hard Plexiglass + Sapphire Coating + Anti-reflection Coating
– Water resistance: 50 meters (5ATM).
– Strap: White textile straps (with embroidery NASA worm logo + GPS coordinates of the Kennedy Space Center in Florida), One size fits all.
“For six decades, NASA has led the peaceful exploration of space, making discoveries about our planet, our solar system, and our universe. At home, NASA research has made great advances in aviation, helped to develop a commercial space industry, enrich our economy, create jobs, and strengthen national security. Outside the United States, our international partnerships shine as examples of diplomacy. Space exploration has brought together people of diverse backgrounds working for the good of all humankind.
As we celebrate NASA’s first 60 years of achievement, we honor the sacrifice that came with it: the tragic loss of lives including aviation pilots and the crewmembers of Apollo 1, Challenger, and Columbia. Sacrifice has also come in the countless hours dedicated NASA personnel—on the ground and in space—have spent away from families to plan and execute missions. The next decade promises to be full of adventures that only science fiction writers dreamed of and only NASA and its partners will accomplish.
Edition number (No. 1-60) of each watch will be marked on the watch movement and also a metal plate which is unique to this collaboration. The full package includes a mechanical timepiece with Cerakote Ceramic Coatings, white textile strap (with embroidery NASA worm logo + GPS coordinates of the Kennedy Space Center in Florida), NASA embroidered patch and a metal warranty plate.”
Jump over to the Anicorn website by following the link below for more details.