Xnowmate has designed and created a new lightweight waterproof, windproof winter boot which is also equipped with winter tyre technology to provide outstanding grip whatever surface you may be walking on, say its creators. Launched via Kickstarter this week the project has already raised half its required pledge goal with still 29 days remaining.
Early bird pledges are available from €66 and worldwide shipping is expected to commence sometime around October 2019. The team has nine different colour options to choose from and offers the Xnowmate winter boots in both youth and adult sizes. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about their design, construction and unique winter tyre grip technology.
Features of the Xnowmate winter boot include :
– Outer Layer – Flexible fabric specially created for technical outdoor equipment. External seams stitched with special waterproofed thread to prevent the passage of water and cold. Carefully designed overlays provide stability and protection.
– Intermediate Layer – B200 3M Thinsulate insulation, lightweight, warm, and compact. Moisture resistant, hypoallergenic and breathable. Proved down to -25ºC.
– Waterproof Membrane – Lightweight membrane that ensures high impermeability, breathability, flexibility, and resistance to wind. Composed of hydrophilic and hydrophobic fibers has heat sealed seams to ensure waterproofness.
– Warm & Insulated – Inner thermal insulating tested 3M Thinsulate B200, tested down to -25ºC.
– Packable – Materials are lightweight and flexible. Includes carrying sack.
– Super Grippy – Hypergrip and Ice Lock technology ensure maximum stability.
– Waterproof – Thermosealed, 10K full body breathable membrane.
– Wind Resistant – Windproof 100% PES membrane.
– Comfortable – Unisex bio mechanical shape, cushioned insole.