Created by Lego fan Brandon Griffith this Lego Star Wars chess set has broken the chess paradigm of one figure per piece the kings include Luke and Leia together and the queen Han and Chewie.
Brandon decided to build three different Chess sets in total, one for each original episode. This is the first of the series. Star Wars: A New Hope Lego Chess which weights in at a whopping 25lbs.
My goals with the individual chess pieces is to:
1. Is durable enough to play the game with.
2. Present a piece that closely represents a scene form the movie. My favorites are “Obi-wan and the tractor beam” & “Greedo”
The chess board:
1. Built strong enough to carry with out breaking
2. The playing area easily removes from the rest of the board to reveal compartments to store the pieces.
3. The detailing on the side on the board utilizes a lot of SNOT (Studs Not On Tops) techniques. This a technique that came out of the Adult Lego community.
Via MakeFiled Under: Design News, DIY Projects, Gadgets News, Gaming News