Developers may be interested in a new open source tool for hardware hacking now available from the Crowd Supply website priced at just $39. Preorders are now open and worldwide shipping is expected to take place sometime towards the end of February 2021. Tigard is an open source FT2232H-based, multi-protocol, multi-voltage tool for hardware hacking. By incorporating commonly used pin-outs, a labelled wiring harness, onboard level-shifting, and a logic analyzer connection, it is designed specifically for attaching to and communicating with low-speed interfaces on reverse-engineered hardware targets.
“Tigard combines support for all of the most-used interfaces and most-needed features on to a simple board. As a drop-in replacement for dozens of other hardware tools based on FTDI chips, it has native support from a number of commonly used hardware tools like OpenOCD, FlashROM, and more.
There’s a wide range of more advanced hardware hacking tools available. Tigard serves as an excellent complement to these by supporting the 20% of the features that enable 80% of the common hardware hacking tasks involved with speaking various protocols. Whether you’re new to hardware hacking, or you just need a quick and simple solution, Tigard is designed to be the best first step – sometimes followed by a more capable tool, if needed.”
Features & Specifications
– USB Type C high-speed (480 Mbps) interface
– FTDI FT2232HQ Dual High Speed USB to Multipurpose UART/FIFO IC
– Primary port dedicated to UART including access to all flow control signals
– Secondary port shared among dedicated headers for SWD, JTAG, SPI, and I²C
– High-performance directional level-shifters for 1.8 to 5.5 V operation
– Switch to choose between on-board 1.8 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V, and off-board vTarget supplies
– Switch to choose between SPI/JTAG and I²C/SWD modes
– Logic analyzer (LA) port to observe device-level signals
– Indicator lights to aid debugging
For full specifications jump over to the official Crowd Supply product page by following the link below.
Source : Crowd Supply
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.