Those of you patiently waiting to enjoy a little Halo Reach gameplay on the PC during the previously announced closed beta development stage, will be pleased to know that you can expect hands-on gameplay to be available sometime this week. Thanks to the latest Halo Community update, it’s been confirmed that the Halo Reach PC closed beta will be released very shortly although only a small number of registered Halo Insiders will be able to get access to it in the first wave.
“If everything goes according to plan, our first flight for Halo: Reach on MCC PC will be next week to a small subsection of registered Halo Insiders. We’re starting more modestly because we’ve got quite a few levers to pull and we want to ensure our delivery pipeline runs smoothly, our communications are clear, and that participants can properly provide their feedback on the build. Since there are so many pieces and levers that need testing, verification, and appropriate approvals, we need to take our time to ensure we’re sending out a quality flight to our Halo Insiders. The team has a build which appears to be a strong candidate, but it’s still in the middle of going through the test process as I type (and as you read). That said, we’re still targeting to release next week and will be sharing the details with the public, so even if you aren’t selected for the flight, you’ll know what’s happening. Stay tuned for more details throughout!”
To learn more about the Halo Reach PC Closed Beta what you can expect check out the 10 minute video below created by YouTube channel Level Cap Gaming.
Other interesting points include more information about the release date of Halo Reach on PC and some of the features you can expect to enjoy.
– Release date: Holiday 2020 release for the entire Xbox family of devices, including Project Scarlett and Windows PCs
– When does it take place in the universe: It follows the Master Chief’s story some time after Halo 5: Guardians’ conclusion
– LAN: Halo Infinite will support LAN
– Splitscreen: Splitscreen is up and running internally
– Back in Black: Black undersuits will be in the game
– Flighting Programs: These opt-in flights will start small and slowly expand out until release
– PC: Flighting may come a little bit later for PC players, but we’re treating it as a first-class citizen
– Player Customization: If you liked the level armor customization options in Halo: Reach, you will be pleased
– SR 152: Players who hit SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a token of appreciation in Halo Infinite
– Pro Team: There is an internal Pro Team for Halo Infinite