Feedly the awesome RSS reader service that has been developed to offer an alternative to the Google Reader service that shut down many months go.
Has this week announced they have now passed the 50,000 Pro user milestone with a big thank you going out to its users and community.
Feedly has also revealed what they have planned for the future explaining a little more about the short term projects which are going to benefit from Pro user funding :
1. We are going to continue to invest in the feedly Cloud so that the service remains reliable and fast despite the growing number of users and the growing number of stories we deliver each day.
2. We are working on a new version of feedly for Android which reflects some of the Material Design changes Arthur highlighted in his design review (thanks for all the awesome feedback!).
3. We are working on a new iteration of the collection sharing feature. Our goal is to integrate the great feedback we collected during the beta and open that feature to more curators.
4. We are working on a set of features which are going to help content creators get discovered and retain readers more effectively. One of our goals for 2015 is to help bloggers thrive. This is a first step in that direction.
5. There is a lot of demand for continuing to improve search, allow users to save searches, allow users to define alerts, etc.. We are going to continue to invest heavily on search, discovery and alerts. We would also love to allow more users to benefit from search.
We pride ourselves in being funded by our community so a big thank you for backing us and making the feedly adventure possible.
Source: FeedlyFiled Under: Technology News