There are many news websites and mobile applications such as Flipboard, Feedly, etc. that allows users to read the news across the web. Google News is also one excellent source of news and best of all, it doesn’t requires users to install any application. All you have to do is run your browser and navigate to Google News website.
Those who use Google News know very well that it doesn’t come with the best appearance, but its all going to change. Google News is going to receive a major makeover for Android and iOS devices in the next few days, according to an official blog post.
Google announced on its official blog that Google News website for iOS and Android will be redesigned in the coming days, making it easier for users users to read and track stories they’re interested in. Additionally, users can also customize the appearance and theme of the website, based on their own preferences as some users prefer dark theme and vice versa.
Some highlights of the upcoming changes:
- Improved overall look-and-feel making it easier to read and track separate stories.
- Ability to customize the webapp to suit your taste by changing the theme from light to dark, the font size and opting for a larger “story card” with more information per story at your fingertips (from the Settings menu, at top right).
- Simplified navigation to any section within News; just click on the Google News icon (top left) to see a list of available sections (including any custom sections you created).
- Easier integration with Google Feedback located in the menu at the top right.
- A weather gadget in the Local section.
- The popular “Editors Picks” option.
- Social posts from Google + related to the story are included in the article cluster.
The update is rolling out and should be complete in the next few days. Initially, it will roll out in the US, followed by international editions in the future. Just navigate to news.google.com to see if the changes have taken place if you’re in the US.
Source: Google News Blog
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.