Fitbit is a popular name when it comes to smartbands, and comes with support for both iOS and Android, but Windows Phone was no where to be found.
Recently, Fitbit released an app for Windows Phone 8.1 devices, which give users the ability to track several fitness-related metrics such as calorie count, steps walked, distance travelled and more.
The app comes with live Tile support which give users the ability to check different metrics on the start screen. It’s not just tracking, users can even challenge their friends to see who is more fit and healthy — there are leaderboards, taunts, and much more. Here’s a highlight of all the features the app has to offer as per Windows Phone Store:
- REAL-TIME STATS: Automatic and wireless syncing for all Fitbit activity and sleep trackers through Bluetooth 4.0
- FITBIT ON YOUR START SCREEN: Pin the Fitbit Live Tile to your Start screen and quickly view your step count
- STAY ON TRACK: Real-time and historical stats in easy-to-understand graphs, to help track progress and set goals
- LOG MORE THAN ACTIVITY: Recently enhanced food database of more than 350,000 foods with accurate nutritional data for faster, better food-logging and calorie coaching
- GET MOTIVATED: Fitbit’s motivational social tools like notifications and badges, to help reach target goals
- STAY SOCIAL: Ability to challenge friends and family with leaderboards, direct messages, cheers and taunts
If you’re rocking a Windows Phone handset, and want to use Fitbit with it, head over to the Windows Phone Store and grab the official Fitbit app. Just make sure you’re running the latest Windows Phone 8.1 as the operating system.
Source: The Verge