If you own a smartphone without a 3.5 mm headphone jack and really miss being able to quickly attach your expensive wired headphones. You may be interested to know that Essential have created a new magnetic headphone jack specifically designed for smartphones lacking the port. Priced at $149 the 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter is not the cheapest solution available but it does provide a built-in ESS Sabre DAC and an “audiophile-grade” amp offering 24-bit/96kHz audio for your high-end headphones.
Features of the Essential magnetic headphone jack include :
– The first to feature a high-resolution ESS Sabre DAC with hardware MQA rendering designed for high resolution audio on PH-1.
– Input of 24-bit, 96 kHz and MQA rendering up to 32-bit, 384kHz
– Sports an audiophile-grade amp that can drive audiophile-grade headphones
– Studio quality audio performance with MQA as well as High Resolution audio.
– Click to connect to phone directly and allow phone charging even when you listen to the music.
– 100% machined Titanium, a space age material that’s exceptionally durable.
– Thoughtful placement and design of audio jack to fit all types of 3.5mm headphones
– LED with different colors to indicate master quality, standard or non-MQA content played
For more details on the new magnetic headphone jack jump over to the official Essential website by following the link below.