World Of Warcraft developers Blizzard have today announced the impending rollout of a new Silence Penalty, that will be rolled out into the World of Warcraft game during the Legion update that will be added to WoW on August 30th, 2016.
The new WoW Silence Penalty has been created by Blizzard to cut down on the amount of abusive chat and spam within the game, and any player that is reported multiple times, after investigation will receive an account-wide silence penalty.
Once implemented the account-wide silence penalty will incur the following penalties :
Silenced Players Are Unable to:
– Talk in Instance Chat (Raid, Party, and Battlegrounds)
– Talk in global channels that are auto joined (such as General or Trade)
– Create Calendar Invites/Events
– Send in-game mail
– Send Party Invitations
– Send War Game Invitations
– Send Invitations to Duel
– Update a Premade Group Listing
– Create a New List for a Premade Group
Silenced Players Are Able to:
– Whisper to friends (both WoW friends and Battle.net Friends)
– Reply to Whispers from Non-friends
– Party/Raid Chat (with Invited Players)
– Create Parties and Raids
– Talk in Global Channels that have a moderator
– Share Quests
– Sign up for a pre-made group
For more information on the new World of Warcraft silence penalty jump over to the Blizzard.net website for details by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.