With the new virtual reality hardware looking to explode into the consumer market during this year, thanks to the likes of the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR and Samsung Gear virtual reality headsets.
One company is developing a way to view your PC desktop in virtual reality with friends as well as view large movie screens that can be viewed by multiple VR headsets at the same time allowing you to hang out with your friends whilst enjoying movies and streaming video services.
BigScreen has developed the application that is now accepting Beta registrations and allows you to easily share your PC desktop while sitting side-by-side with a friend in a virtual space to play games while immersed in virtual reality on a big screen.
The big-screen application provides a 20 foot screen for your desktop, or movie viewing an is currently receiving funding from “Tier 1 Silicon Valley Venture Capitalists,” BigScreen explains more :
Ditch the 19″ monitor. Everything from playing games to watching videos is better on a big screen. With BigScreen, your Windows desktop shows up on a huge 20-foot screen inside VR. BigScreen is a multiplayer experience, enabling you to play games in a virtual reality LAN party, watch movies with your buddies, collaborate together, or simply hangout!
– See your friends’ desktops on virtual monitors in the VR world
– Communicate with friends using incredibly realistic 3D Positional audio chat
– See your friends and what they’re looking at with synchronized heads
– BigScreen supports the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, enabling you to hangout with friends regardless of their VR device.
– BigScreen will also be on mobile VR devices soon.
For more information on the new BigScreen VR app jump over to the official website for details via the link below.