A new 3D printer has been launched this week thanks to a partnership between E3D and Littlebox, who have joined forces to create the BigBox 3D Printer offering a 300mm x 200mm x 280mm build volume.
The BigBox 3D Printer is capable of printing PLA, ABS, Rubbery materials, Metal and carbon and Nylon whilst maintaining the high level of detail.
Features of the BigBox 3D printer include :
– High-end electronics that are part of turn-key system
– LCD graphics display for controlling settings, stopping, and starting, without use of PC
– Remote access upgrade available
– E3D Volcano upgrade option for obtaining massive print speed and print strength
– Exceptional accessibility with open design and electronics access hatch
The E3D team explained in an interview :
There are a lot of printers out there with wobbly unstable build platforms, having a big impact on print quality. We went all-out overkill to ensure our bed was not going to suck.
Our moving print bed uses a total of four precision shafts with long bearings on each corner of the bed, with two Z axis motors and leadscrews, one on each side. This results in a huge amount of constraint and stability eliminating any chance of flex or wobble.
The BigBox is no-compromises high specification 3D printer, combining immense print resolution, over huge print volume, an extrusion system capable of almost every material on the market, all wrapped up in a neat clutter free package with an easy to use toolchain.
For more information on the 3D printers specifications jump over to the official website before the 3D printer launches on Kickstarter.
Source: 3DPFiled Under: Top News