Graphics card and hardware manufacturer AMD has this week announced a new addition to its range of Radeon Pro WX workstation graphics cards with the launch of the new AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card. The latest addition is capable of delivering the “world’s best workstation graphics performance for under $1,000.” Offering a fantastic option for content creators on a budget providing 10.8 teraflops and 8GB of RAM for $999 and performance to engage in real-time visualisation, virtual reality (VR) and photorealistic rendering.
The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card will be available to pre-order from online retailers such as Newegg from today August 13th 2018. With off-the-shelf availability expected to be rolled out during September. Radeon Pro WX Series graphics cards come equipped with the Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise Driver The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card is equipped with “advanced” features and technologies says AMD and has been specifically created for professionals. Advanced features include :
– High Bandwidth Cache Controller (HBCC): The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card’s state-of-the-art memory system removes the capacity limitations of traditional GPU memory, letting creators and designers work with much larger, more detailed models and assets in real time.
– Enhanced Pixel Engine: The “Vega” GPU architecture’s enhanced pixel engine lets creators build more complex worlds without worrying about GPU limitations, increasing efficiency by batching related work into the GPU’s local cache to process them simultaneously. New “shade once” technology ensures only pixels visible in the final scene are shaded.
– Error Correcting Code (ECC) Memory: Helps guarantee the accuracy of computations by correcting any single or double-bit error resulting from naturally occurring background radiation.
AMD also unveiled major updates to Radeon ProRender and a new alliance with the Vancouver Film School, enabling the next-generation of creators to realise their VFX visions through the power of Radeon Pro graphics.
– PTC Creo: Enables designers and engineers to quickly and easily create incredibly rendered visualizations of their products and is available now in beta.
– Pixar USD viewport: For developers building a USD Hydra viewport for their application, the new USD plug-in available on GitHub adds path-traced rendering for accurate viewport previews.
For more details and full specifications on the latest addition to the Radeon Pro WX workstation range of graphics cards jump over to the AMD website and press release by following the link below.
Source: AMDFiled Under: Hardware, Technology News, Top News