Those of you patiently waiting to get your hands on the new Amazon Link Amp unveiled last September, will be pleased to know that it is now available to purchase directly from the Amazon online store priced at $299. To recap the Amazon Link Amp allows you to connect speakers, hi-fi systems or headphones to stream music from services like Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and Tidal.
“With Echo Link Amp and an Echo device, you can create voice-controlled music groups throughout your home and play streaming music wherever your system goes—the whole house, in one room, or outside. Echo Link Amp also lets you stream high-fidelity music on your headphones.”
Features of the Amazon Link Amp include :
– Upgrade your speakers with a built-in 60W x 2-channel amplifier, high-fidelity streaming music, and Alexa.
– Voice control music selection and playback with your compatible Echo device or the Alexa app.
– Connect Echo Link Amp to speakers and group with other supported Echo devices to play music throughout your home.
– Multiple digital and analog inputs and outputs provide compatibility with your existing stereo equipment.
– Casting to multi-room music from a line-in or Bluetooth input is not currently supported.
Points worth remembering about the Echo Link Amp are that it doesn’t not support TV/video connections, casting to multi-room music from a line-in or Bluetooth input, or the Amazon Music Unlimited Single Device Plan. Also the Ethernet port supports network connectivity only, for more details and purchase options jump over to the official Amazon online store.