During CES 2016 this week Polaroid and the Environmental Business Products (EBP) Group have announced a three-year partnership and where EBP will be the sole manufacturer of the new Polaroid 3D printer and its consumables.
EBP will have exclusivity in 15 European markets that include UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Croatia.
The Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer will offer users a single extruder system that will provide a printing area of 250(w) x 150(h) x 150(d) mm and a printing nozzle size of 0.4mm. Other features include :
– Print speed 50mm/s (default) and can be set between 20mm/s and 100mm/s
– Vertical resolution (layer height) 50 – 350 micron
– Camera inside printer: minimum resolution 640 x 480, connected to LAN over WiFi, access via phone App or browser from anywhere with internet access
– Unique Polaroid software for importing of 3D models from library or .stl file type
– Run independently without the need of a computer via the LCD touchscreen
– Accurate auto calibration
– 12 month manufacturer’s guarantee (except where local regulations require otherwise)
– Support for both Mac and Windows Systems
– Connectivity via WiFi for network and USB for printing and firmware update
Scott W. Hardy, President and CEO of Polaroid explains :
Throughout our history, the Polaroid brand has been associated with creating innovative products, but we’re also committed to making innovative technologies accessible to everyone. Just as the first Polaroid Land camera enabled people to watch a picture instantly develop, our relationship with EBP will allow us to bring the magic of creating an object right before your eyes to consumers across Europe.
When the Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer is made available to purchase its expected to cost around $2,200. As more detail on availablity are announced over the coming months we will keep you updated as always.
Source: PolaroidFiled Under: Hardware, Top News