This week the CyanogenMod team has announced the availability of their new CyanogenMod 11 M7 software release which is now available for 50 devices to enjoy.
Including the LG flagships, Kindle Fire tablets, Nexus mobile devices, Samsung Galaxy S series, and One series to name just a few.
The CyanogenMod 11 M7 software is based on the Google’s Android 4.4.2 operating system as there wasn’t enough time for the team to integrate the latest Android 4.4.3 code base into M7.
The CyanogenMod team explains : “To get ahead of the inevitable questions, this release is based on Android 4.4.2. The 4.4.3 source has been merged into CM for nightlies, but given the source code was only made available last week, we chose not to rush the new code into the stable branch. There will be plenty of things to address with 4.4.3 in time for our M8 release next month.”
As well as being supported by 50 devices the latest CyanogenMod 11 M7 software also brings with a number of new enhancements and updates that include :
– Common: Theme Chooser UI Overhaul
– Common: Calculator app redesign (courtesy Xlythe)
– Common: Performance Profiles
– Common: Improved theming performance on low memory devices (~512MB RAM or less)
– Trebuchet: Move settings to new slide-out panel
– Trebuchet: Consolidate settings for home and drawer options
– Media: Add FFMPEG support (expanded media format support)
– Bluetooth: Improved support for new car audio systems and docks
– Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
For more information on the new CyanogenMod 11 M7 software jump over to the official CyanogenMod website for details.
Source: Android AuthorityFiled Under: Android News, Technology News, Top News