If like me you would prefer to be dining something else rather than mowing the lawn, you might be interested in this awesome open source Arduino mower which brings a little more fun back to moving your yard and has been under development for some time.
The Ardumower project with a simple aim: to making a new ‘brain’ freely available for every robot mower in the universe! The creation uses Arduino Mega and a selection of electronic components including motor driver and sensors. Watch the video after the jump to learn more about the ArduMower project and see it in action.
Earlier this year the team behind the ArduMower unviled a new control system using your mobile phone:
Why did we create this project? : We did create this project because we think robotics should be open and this includes robotic mowers as well.
Objectives of the project:
– Low-cost, ready-made components, replaceable (à la RC model: stick together receiver, controller, motor, servo !)
– Little soldering – easy programming only the minimum of components (keep it simple!)
detailed instructions for building
– Offering a construction kit (ready ‘Ardumower-kits’) with all modules, components etc. for purchasing
– Free, open-source Arduino-Code for download
– Finding a producer for a robot chassis (‘Ardumower’ chassis)
For more information on the ArduMower project jump over to the official website for details.
Source: Arduino BlogFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Geeky Stuff, Top News
Popular Geeky Gadgets Deals
|PureVPN Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||SNES30 Bluetooth Game Controller Save 14%||Jamstik Wireless Smart Guitar Save 40%||Getflix Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||Monster Digital 128GB Portable SSD Save 56%||Python Programming Pro Bundle Save 84%|