Western Digital has this week unveiled its new WD Purple SC QD101 Ultra Endurance microSD card and WD Purple 14 TB HDD design for surveillance and smart city deployments. The 14 TB WD Purple HDD is available now from select resellers and the WD Purple SC QD101 microSD card is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2020.
“Customers are looking for high-endurance, high-capacity, robust, on-camera storage for a variety of public safety and AI analytics use cases,” said Stefaan Vervaet, senior director of Smart Video, Devices Group, Western Digital. “These new products deliver optimized storage technology to handle these exciting new and varied visual workloads at the edge.”
“According to IHS Markit Technology, global professional video surveillance camera shipments are expected to grow from 140 million to 224 million between 2018 and 2023, and those with onboard storage are expected to grow by an average of approximately 17 percent per year. 4K-compliant cameras are expected to grow from 3.6 percent of all network cameras shipped in 2018 to over 24 percent by 2023, and the up to 5.7X increase in bits generated by 4K vs.1080p video illustrates a fast-growing demand for more storage.”
WD Purple SC QD101 Ultra Endurance microSD Card
The WD Purple SC QD101 microSD card features Western Digital’s advanced 96-layer 3D NAND technology, and delivers a cost-effective combination of ultra-endurance, high-performance storage, and a wide capacity range of up to 512GB1 for the growing security video market.
– Designed for security system integrators and installers
– Ideal for mainstream recording and backup/failover on-camera storage
– In compatible cameras, the card health monitor provides installers and integrators with the ability to gauge the remaining endurance and preemptively service the card if needed
– Available in capacities of 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB
– Ultra endurance for long, continuous recording
WD Purple 14 TB HDD Compatible with Wide Range of Security Systems
– The WD Purple 14 TB drives, like Western Digital’s other WD Purple hard drives are built for 24/7, always-on, high-definition security systems
– Features Western Digital’s exclusive AllFrame technology driving improved video capturing while it helps to reduce errors, pixilation, and video interruptions that could happen in a video recorder system
– WD Purple drives have an enhanced workload rating that supports systems designed for 24×7 video recording with up to 64 cameras
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.