Ken Burns has created a new range of retro mini playable game cabinets which he has aptly named the Tiny Arcade. That offer a variety of different retro video games to choose from and play on an arcade cabinet hat is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.
The electronics within the Tiny Arcade machines is based around the same 32-bit ARM processor that is included in the Arduino Zero development board.
Watch the video below to learn more about these mini retro arcade cabinets that are constructed from wood, acrylic or can be housed in 3D printed enclosures.
The Tiny Arcade cabinets project have taken to the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise $25,000 in pledges to make the jump from concept to production. So if you think Tiny Arcade cabinets is something you would enjoy playing, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge from $60 and help Tiny Arcade cabinets become a reality.
Features of the Tiny Arcade cabinets include :
• Beautiful, vibrant full color OLED screen
• Games are free and open source – play community made games or write your own
• SD card expansion slot- download new games and insert card
• High quality analog joystick and two push buttons
• Built-in speaker and rechargeable lithium battery
• USB port for charging and game development
• Customize your cabinet with supplied artwork stickers or design and print your own
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.