ScopeFun has launched a new project via Crowd Supply for their open source all-in-one instrumentation hardware aptly named the ScopeFun. ScopeFun Has been created to provide an affordable platform that offers the following tools : Oscilloscope, Arbitrary waveform generator, Spectrum analyzer, Logic analyzer and Digital pattern generator .
The hardware supports any accompanying software runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac and also provides a Server Mode that supports remote connections over an IP network. “A Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA and a Cypress EZ-USB FX3 controller allow the board to interface with a PC while maintaining fast data rates. Samples are buffered using 512 Megabytes of DDR3 SDRAM.
ScopeFun specifications include :
– Two analog oscilloscope channels (10-bit)
– 500 million samples per second (MSPS) Real-Time Sampling rate (single channel) / 250 MSPS (dual channel)
– 2.0 billion samples per second (GSPS) Equivalent-Time Sampling (ETS) rate
– 128 million samples per channel of memory buffer
– Two analog generators (200 MSPS, 12-bit)
– 12 digital channels (used for the logic analyzer and the digital pattern generator)
– USB 3.0 interface
“Two analog channels are available as oscilloscope inputs. Both analog inputs are protected against over-voltages up to +/- 50 V. Input coupling selection is available (DC, AC, GND) and is controlled through software. Input signals can be adjusted for gain and offset to allow measurements of voltages from 100 mV to 20 V (full scale) which gives a minimum input resolution of 0.098 mV. Each analog channel is sampled at 250 MSPS with 10-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Two ADC’s can be configured for sampling in interleaved mode which provides a single channel sampling speed of 500 MSPS.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.