If you own a Concept2 rowing machine you may be interested in the new training application aptly named the Ergon, which has been created to help you fine tune your rowing fitness regimes. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the Ergon Training system which is launched via Kickstarter, and is “dedicated to your success with the Concept2 Ergs Bike, Row and Ski”.
The development team behind the new rowing companion application explain more about its inspiration and features. “New erg users want to learn how to use their machines safely and effectively. Currently they need to scour the web for instructional videos, which are out there, but come in various levels of quality, length, and efficacy. Ergon takes that pain away by compiling a library of succinct, high-quality videos teaching new users to row, ski or bike with great technique. Each time the Ergon athlete sits down they have instant access to that instructional content delivered to them conveniently through the app. As users gain experience, their learning needs grow more technical, so that same library hosts drills, advanced techniques, and dig into the more finer points of technique development.
And when those athletes have that question of “am I doing this right?” we have the perfect answer. Our Micro-Coaching system will allow them to record their technique, submit it to our coaches who can provide concise video analysis, and receive feedback and guidance on how to improve their form. Micro-Coaching is an a-la-cart service accessed and paid for directly within the Ergon app interface. “
– Built on the latest development platform to support Android and iOS Operating Systems
– Communicates via Bluetooth with all PM5 monitors (any erg bought in the last 5 years)
– Compatible with a wide variety of screen sizes, from compact phones to large tablets
– Free version includes instructional content and sample workouts with targets
– Subscription version (estimated $7.99/month) adds daily programming with targets
– Micro-Coaching services are on-demand in both versions (estimated $12.99/session)
– Works with all three of the Concept2 machines – RowERG, BikeERG and SkiERG
– Connects with Concept2 Logbook for workout uploads
For further examples, features and demonstrations of the rowing companion application jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gadgets News, Top News