A new high resolution 3D printer called Rapid Lite 200XL has been created to offer users an affordable commercial quality desktop 3D printer priced at $999 with a massive 16,000 cubic cm build volume.
The Rapid Lite 200XL builds on the companies previous design the Rapid Lite 200 3D printer that raised over $300,000 via Indeigogo later last year.
The new design will be launching on Indiegogo next month priced again at $999. Ethan Hunt, CEO of Rapide 3D explains :
“Following our highly successful campaign on Indiegogo for Rapide Lite 200, we will be going for a second round of funding for our latest creation, the Rapide Lite 200XL, a commercial quality desktop 3D printer with a build height of 400mm,” Hunt tells 3DPrint.com. “The Rapide Lite 200 campaign raised over $300,000 in just over 30 days, and less than 3 months later more than 700 of the 200 version have been delivered to contributors with rave reviews for the quality of build and precision of the printer.”
“The last campaign was highly successful and we expect this one to exceed the last one, based on the fact we delivered on time and with a substantially better printer than first promised,” said Hunt. “The response has been awesome from contributors who are all raving about the print quality and comparing Rapide Lite 200 to many other brands.”
Features of the new Rapid Lite 200XL 3D printer include :
– Footprint: 360 x 350 x 380mm
– Build Size: 200 x 200 x 400mm
– Build Volume: 16,000cm3
– Control Board: ARM 32bit
– Control Interface: 2.8” Full Color Touch Screen
– Printing Material: PLA, ABS, PVA, HIPPS, Lay, Polymax
– Filament Size: 1.75mm and 3.0mm
– Minimum Layer Height: Up to 50 microns
– Print Speed: Up to 150mm per second
– Material Type: Non- Proprietary ($25kg)
– Mechanism: Core XY
– Positioning Accuracy: 10 micron X and Y
– Total Weight: 15kg (approx)
– Operating System: Window, Mac, Linux
– Print Bed: Precision Heated Aluminum (3mm)
– Connection: USB, SD Card
– LCD Screen: 2.8” Full Color Touch Screen
– Extruder Type: Rapide 3D Q Extruder
– Number of Extruders: 1 (.04mm)
– X Axis: X Wing Technology
– Chassis: Anodized 5026 Aluminum
– Frame: Anodized 5026 Aluminum
– Components: Anodized 5026 Aluminum
For more information on the new Rapid Lite 200XL launch jump over to the Rapid 3D website to signup for more details.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.