If you are in the market for a professional and precise 3D printing system you might be interested in the new piece of hardware which has been created by Elettronica 3D in the form of the PlastaPrint3D.
The PlastaPrint3D has a unique design and is equipped with Pinion and Nema 5.5Kg/cm torque stepper motors to help move the hotbed in both X and Y axis offering a build volume of 200 x 200 x 470 mm.
The 3D printer is capable of producing a layer thickness between 0.025-0.4mm which can be set using the provided software. Watch the promotional video below to learn more about its unique design and construction. Elettronica 3D Explain more about its features and functions.
PLASTAPrint3D is unique in its design thanks to the professional linear guides that it uses instead of the traditional belt design. With this system it will avoid the annoying problems that most 3d printers have, such as wear that as a result leads to the continuous recalibration of the axis. This printer is very precise, it can go up to a mechanical precision of 0.39µm (on the Z axis) and its robust thanks to the recirculating ball bearing linear guides.
Features of the PlastaPrint3D 3D Printer include :
– Layer thickness: 0.025-0.4mm adjustable via software
– Standard nozzle: 0.4mm
– Maximum operating speed (recommended): 300mm/s
– Maximum travel speed (recommended): 700mm/s
– single extruder: MK8 (second extruder on request)
– Hot end max. temperature: 320°C
– Hotbed max. temperature: 120°C
– positioning accuracy on Z axis: 0.006 mm
– positioning accuracy on X-Y axis: 0.010 mm
– The first 3d printer with linear guides on X-Y-Z axis
– An higher speed than the other 3d printers, thanks to the linear guides.
– One of the most highest Z axis (470mm)
– Hotbed for all materials
– Iron extruder (on request) for the carbon fiber
– Unique design
The PlastaPrint3D 3D printer project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise enough pledges to make the jump from concept to production. So if you think PlastaPrint3D is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help PlastaPrint3D become a reality via the link below.
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.