Samsung promised at the Unpacked Event held in Berlin that Samsung Galaxy S4 will get the taste of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean by the end of October alongside Galaxy S3 and Note 2. It seems that the Korean OEM fulfilled their promise and released Android 4.3 version for Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) yesterday.
Earlier today, the unofficial Android 4.3 update was leaked for the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, but it seems like Samsung is done with all the leaks and released the official Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 variant.
The Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is not available in all regions at the moment. The roll out process is gradual and it may take some time for the update to reach all the devices. Currently, the update is only available in Russia (at the time of writing), but it will be rolled out for other regions as well.
The update brings several new features including support for Galaxy Gear smartwatch, OpenGL 3.0 support, Samsung KNOX Implementation, new Samsung keyboard and more.
Here’s the complete change log:
– OpenGL 3.0 Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
– Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
– Improved RAM management
– Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
– Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
– New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
– New Camera firmware
– Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
THe update should hit all the devices within the next few days. If you want, you can manually check for the update by navigating to Settings > More > About device > Software Update > Update. We checked our Galaxy S4 and there’s no sign of the update at the time of writing this, but we will update you as soon as it’s available.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.